Interesting data from Annual Household Survey 2015-16 (CBS hasn't yet uploaded the report on its website).
Per capita consumption
- Per capita consumption: NRs70,680
- Per capita consumption in urban area: NRs101,659
- Per capita consumption in rural area: NRs52,007
- Per capita consumption increased by 8.8% between FY2015 and FY2016
- Average household consumption: NRs322,730
- Average urban household consumption: NRs431,337
- Average rural household consumption: NRs248,893
- Average household expense on food: 53.8%
- Total household consumption: NRs1,825 billion
- Per capita consumption expenditure of the top 10 percent is almost 11 times more than per capita consumption expenditure of the bottom 10 percent.
- Per capita average spending by those in the top 10 percent: NRs243,535
- Per capita average spending by those in the bottom 10 percent: Rs20,556
- Average urban household spending on food: 44.9%
- Average rural household spending on food: 59.8%
Average household size in rural and urban areas is 4.8 and 4.2, respectively.
Exchange rate in FY2016: USD1 = NRs106.1