These are a collection of blog posts related to growth diagnostics of the Nepali economy, which I finished in April 2009. I will post a link to the full paper later.
Nepal’s growth story:
- What’s holding back growth in Nepal?
- Reality about Nepal’s GDP growth rate
- Five decades of Nepal’s growth story
- Nepal’s export dynamics
- Bad infrastructure as the most binding constraint on economic activity in Nepal
- The state of corruption in Nepal
- Macroeconomic stability and macroeconomic risks in Nepal
- Property rights
- Education (human resources) sector in Nepal
- Is “self-discovery” an issue in the Nepali economy?
- What about coordination externalities? [Product space, comparative advantage and Nepal’s export sector]
- Labor and business regulations in Nepal
- Taxes, revenues and expenditures in South Asia
- Cost of finance in Nepal (Bad international finance, Low domestic savings, and Poor intermediation)